November 18, 2012

Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce






Less Sodium Teriyaki



 So I got some coupons courtesy of Smiley360 to do a review on Kikkoman's Juicy Bird Project using Soy Sauce. I was given 2 coupons one for a free product and the other was a buy 1 get 1 free product. With the latter I bought this bottle of Low Sodium Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce. I am trying to cut my salt intake so opted for low sodium in the teriyaki, it is still a little high at 13% DV but it could have been worse.

I had some beef short ribs already thawed out and waiting to get tasty. I grabbed a bag tossed them in and added some teriyaki sauce to it. The smell was pretty strong and it was everywhere in the kitchen. I knew it was going to be even better on my beef. I then thought, hmm what would take it up another notch? ONION! I love using onion in my dishes to add some extra flavor. I just cut them up in slices and threw them in the bag, and then I threw in some pepper as well. I let it sit in the bag for about 35 minutes and then it was ready to cook.


I placed them on a pan added a tiny bit of water and put them in the oven at 350. I would have covered them up with some foil, but sadly I had run out of it. I let them cook till their inner temp was 160. Always make sure your meat, pork, and poultry is cooked all the way through. I'd hate to see any of you guys on an episode of, "Monsters Inside Me". Temps should be between 140 and 160 to make sure all the bacteria inside your protein is good and dead.

I had some of the ribs just tenderized with some of my regular spices as well as some onion to see if there was a difference between the two. The beef that was marinated in the Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce was juicer and much more flavorful. It had a great taste to it and everyone loved it!

If you ever have a chance then you need to go out there and buy yourself a bottle of Kikkoman's Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce. It isn't very expensive, about $2.84, so it definitely won't hurt to try it out. You can find them in grocery stores all over the world so keep your eyes peeled.



*Disclaimer: I received coupons for free product from Smiley360 and Kikkoman to do a review. No further compensation was given and all opinions are my own.






No comments:

Post a Comment