October 29, 2012

LARABAR Food Review







So was looking around for a good snack that will fill me up between meals but won't ruin my calorie counting day. I received a sample of LARABAR's Apple Pie bar and thought well this could work. Now I'm actually not a huge fan of apple pie because I'm not huge on baked apples, but this is different. The texture was good as well as all the flavors. It had tons of apple chunks and burst of cinnamon throughout the bar. It is gluten, dairy, and soy free! Can't get any better than that right?

It has 190 calories and was big enough to leave me satisfied till my next meal.


The next bar I tried was from a Klout Perk - it was included in their Fair Trade perk. The bar I got was Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I was really excited to try that about because who doesn't like choco chip cookie dough!? Well it was fantastic, the texture was good and it was filled with chocolate chips. It wasn't too sweet and kept me going through the day. This bar does have more calories though, 210 to be exact so I ended up cutting it in half to eat during the day. This one did include sodium but it was such a small amount I didn't think twice about eating it.

I will definitely be buying more Larabar Bars to snack on. They're pretty healthy, not too bad in the calories area and most are no or low sodium! They're also pretty inexpensive with a pack of 16 being about $21-$24 making them about $1.30 to $1.50 ea! You can find them at most grocery and drug stores all over.

Have you had Larabar before, if so what is your favorite flavor? Any flavors you recommend to munch on?







**Disclaimer: I received both these bars for free, but all opinions are my own. No further compensation was given other than giving me something to snack on.

2 comments:

  1. I was not a fan of the chocolate chip cookie dough one but I do love the apple pie kind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the choco chip was kind of dense, but still good. The texture was also a bit different than what I'm used to.

      Delete