August 7, 2013

Butter London Polish Review





You see the boo boo
So was super excited to get my first three butter london polishes. At $18 a pop it was very hard to take that plunge and purchase them.They were on "sale" for $14 so thought okay let's see what all the hype is about. I'm always a little wary about purchasing more expensive brands because how different can it really be. When you have a huge market with very inexpensive polish brands does that make the more expensive brands better?  Well I found out for myself.

I got three wonderful colors: Knackered, Bluey, and Wallis. I immediately reached for Knackered as it was my favorite one. Knackered is a duochrome polish with flecks of tiny glitter that looks pretty in ever light. It has a purplish-blue base with flecks of silver glitter. It is very sheer and needs at least 3 coats to cover the nail completely. This polish is beautiful, but is it $18 or $14 dollar beautiful? I'll answer this question later.
Next was Bluey, its a dark blue base with tiny flecks of dark glitter. Because the blue was so dark it only took two coats to cover my nail. The color wasn't too different than what I've seen before. It didn't wow me and kind of reminded me a lot of other brands. It was just too similar to other polishes for my tastes.

Last was Wallis which is a dark black base with greenish yellow glitter in the forefront. I really liked Wallis, the color is pretty unique. It took only two coats to cover my nail and it went on really easily.

So is all the hype worth it? In my honest opinion... not really. Now it is a 3 FREE polish which means No formaldehyde, toluene, and no DBP. So it is better than regular polishes, but it doesn't last as long. By the second day they were already chipping. Now I did notice when I used my top coat that the polishes acted differently. They sort of started to run and took way longer to dry than normal. So I'm guessing you may need a 3 FREE top coat as well. In the end its up to you whether you want to spend the money for the 3 FREE polish. The colors are kind of in the middle with some being amazing and others being sort of meh.


Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was given.

No comments:

Post a Comment