January 28, 2013

Book Review: The Curse of Dracula



THE CURSE OF DRACULA

  
The Curse of Dracula is definitely for the more mature reader. It doesn't have anything too out of control, but I wouldn't really like my 10yr old read it either. The story opens with a man being attacked by a swarm of vampires. A group of vampire killers feel generous enough to help him out, or maybe they just really enjoy killing vampires. You'll definitely recognize Van Helsing as no real story about vampire killing would leave him out. It is set in more present times, which I really liked. I also liked how the author adapted Dracula into a more modern villain. Dracula can make you or break you, literally, in this story. I seriously wouldn't want to go up against him. 

The story ends in a surprising way so I won't let the cat out of the bag. You'll have to read it if you want to find out if Dracula gets defeated. Hah, that's kind of funny to say that...as if Dracula could ever be defeated! Overall it was a great quick read full of a great story and good illustrations.   




Disclaimer: I received this book in order to do a review courtesy of Netgalley, all opinions are my own and no further compensation was given.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the awesome review i will be checkin this book out

    ReplyDelete