August 4, 2012

Food For Thought: Banana Bread



Banana Bread - Yummy!

So the last time I made banana bread I didn't show you guys all the steps. Well I'm back with some more banana bread and it was yummy! First off I didn't use any nuts because I didn't have any on hand. Plus they aren't the cheapest things to buy in the store with like $6 for a tiny bag. Yea, I'll pass.

I used a recipe I found online and added or subtracted to suit my tastes. Here is the recipe below as it was online.

Banana Bread:

  • 3 to 4 bananas (ripened)
  • 1/3 cup butter (melted)
  • 1 cup of sugar 
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon of Vanilla 
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda (not baking powder!)
  • 1 1/2 cup of flour
  • pinch of salt



It said that using frozen bananas was just fine and because I got over ripened ones they went into the freezer. I used 4 large sized bananas for my bread and it ended up fantastic! It was overwhelmingly banana-ish! Yea that's a word...okay maybe not but it should be. I grabbed my handy dandy potato smasher and went to work on my frozen but thawed bananas. I worked out some frustrations onto those poor delicious bananas, but in the end all was good with the world. I added all the other ingredients and mixed it all on low speed just to get as much lumps out. Yes bananas are lumpy but I can tell the difference between bananas and clumpy flour, can't you?

Anyway, after it was mixed thoroughly I poured into a sprayed pan - I use Baker's Joy btw. That stuff is awesomeness in a can and is always used in my house. I popped that sucker into the oven at 350 and let it sit there for about an hour. It felt like forever and the whole household was crying about their stomachs aching for banana bread. They had just eaten dinner, not like they really needed to be filled with sugar, right? Once it was done I had to sadly tell the kids that it needed time to cool down, you'd think I told them that Santa wasn't real. Which if anyone asks he is real and doesn't reside in my closet, even though presents end up there sometimes.

Once the bread was cool enough I slowly cut it as the kids watched with tongues hanging out. It was pretty unnerving and I was just hoping I'd make it with all my limbs. The bread was finally all divided and the kids munched away to their hearts content. It was fantastic and we all loved it, I now have more bananas freezing in the garage waiting for the next time I feel like some banana bread - still sans nuts.

So what homemade goodies have you made lately? I'd love to hear about it so feel free to share it with me! :D Also if you make the banana bread I'd love to see the results!




No comments:

Post a Comment