August 4, 2012

Beauty Corner Review: Essie "Stroke of Brilliance"



ESSIE LUXEFFECTS
"STROKE OF BRILLIANCE"


So I have been really grateful to have joined Klout because it has gotten me some great perks for sharing content. Yup thats right and for sharing all my beauty products and polish I was rewarded with a polish of my own. This is the second Essie polish that I've gotten through Klout, the first being "Mojito Madness". Essie polishes are great and always go on easily and smooth, Luxeffects is no different. It has a great amount of glitter, but not too much, so you can pick and choose. Stroke of Brilliance is a clear polish with blue hex and circle glitter. You can use a little or go crazy and pile it on. It dried super quick and the more I layered the better it looked. Seriously, you guys need this polish! It was so much fun to play with and am so glad I was able to get one.




I sat at my desk wondering what I'd do with it and saw my Nox polish, "Twilight". Yup fantastic! They would definitely go great together and the blue has a grey-ish undertone to help highlight the gray. So while looking at the combo it hit me...it looks like a shattered mirror! So here it is...my Shattered Mirror Mani!



First I grabbed my bottle of Nox's Twilight, its a nice creamy gray. I put that down first and then got bottle of Julep's Meryl and painted the tips. Painting my tips helped to make the glitter more opaque. I didn't get a picture of my tips painted in Meryl for some strange reason. Don't ask me why but I forgot, doh! Anyway I swiped my nail once with very little of Essie's Stroke of Brilliance. I then added more half way up and then a bit more at the tip. This gave the illusion of pieces "falling" and it was exactly what I was going for.

Essie goes for about $7 dollars at most Targets so they're super affordable and right in your neighborhood! I've got many in my arsenal and its only growing. If you haven't already checked Essie polishes out I don't know what you're waiting for. They're durable, go on easily, dry quickly, and are affordable. They're just great all around polishes!


If you were able to get this Klout perk, I'd love to see it! Please feel free to share those pictures guys! Head over to my Facebook page and post them there. I'll be waiting!



DISCLOSURE: I was given a free product because I'm a Klout influencer. I am under no obligation to receive the "sample" or talk about this company. I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company. 

1 comment: