April 23, 2015

Campbells Soup For Easy Cooking Review




Review:
I tried out the Campbell's Soups For Easy Cooking "Mexican Style Tomato" and it was really great. I honestly didn't think it would taste as good as it did because sometimes big companies don't get Mexican or Hispanic flavors right. Things could sometimes end up tasting generic and just doesn't hit the spot. Well I was pleasantly surprised because the soup or sauce came out great.

So the soup actually doesn't really seem like a soup to me. I really see it as a flavored tomato sauce that can be used in different recipes. I don't think I could really see myself eating this as a soup. Maybe you would, but I just don't see it...now as a soup base, yes. Anyway, its got a really great flavor to it and thankfully wasn't that salty. I've been cutting down on my salt intake and now whenever I do eat things that are a bit saltier, it's totally unbearable. It tastes like I'm drinking sea water, it just assaults my taste buds.

So I was looking for something simple and easy to cook because now that summer weather has hit  South Texas I do not want to spend too much time roasting away...I mean cooking in the kitchen. So I went online to Campbell's Kitchen and found a recipe for "Easy Beef Taco Skillet". I didn't want to put tortillas into my recipe though because it just seemed too heavy, not too mention they add more salt to the recipe. I'm always changing up recipes and making them my own, cooking should reflect your wants and needs and in this moment I don't need tortillas. I did keep the cheese in the recipe though because...who doesn't love cheese!?

Recipe:
Easy Beef Taco Skillet
Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 large onion (about 1 cup)
1 carton (14.5 ounces) Campbell's® Mexican Style Tomato Soup
4 flour tortillas (6-inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Instructions:
  • Cook the beef and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
  • Stir the soup and tortillas in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir the beef mixture. Top with the cheese.


The kids really enjoyed this and honestly I wasn't totally sure they would. They can be extremely picky when it comes to certain foods. The whole, "I don't know what that is, but I know I don't like it" routine. Well they loved it and asked for more, thankfully this was more than enough to feed my extremely large famil.

The Campbells Soups for Easy Cooking do come in other flavors :
Creamy Herb & Garlic Soup With Chicken Stock
Savory Portabello Mushroom
Sweet Onion Soup

I'd definitely recommend trying them out, especially the Mexican Style Tomato, it is great with enchiladas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment