March 16, 2013

Wrestling Reality - Book Review

Wrestling Reality: The Life and Mind of Chris Kanyon Wrestling's Gay SuperstarWrestling Reality: The Life and Mind of Chris Kanyon Wrestling's Gay Superstar
by Chris Kanyon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


When I first read the description of the book I was interested. While I am not a huge, nor was I ever, a big fan of wrestling this book offered more. I wasn't too familiar with Chris Kanyon, but google was able to fill in the gaps. It must have been so tough for him to not only let people in on his homosexuality, but to battle with depression at the same time. Towards the end of the book I so wanted it to be a joke. Like psych he really didn't commit suicide and is laughing his butt off somewhere. He was such a like-able guy and someone that I feel anyone could have gotten along with. Having dealt with depression myself and having lost my older brother to suicide I was a bit scared to read this book. It wasn't about his death, but about his life. He had a great life and I just wished he had seen that, just as I wish my own brother had seen it.

If any of the other wrestling books out there are like this one, then I'll be reading a whole lot more. Thank you to the editors/publishers, the Klucsarits family, and Chris himself for letting all of us read his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment