December 8, 2012

COVERGIRL FLIPSTICK REVIEW







I was so happy to be chosen for the COVERGIRL blastflipstick BzzCampaign. I don't wear much lipstick, but was really interested in seeing how the blastflipstick actually worked. Every flipstick comes with 2 different shades, one matte and one shimmery.

There are thirteen duos to choose from:
  1. Whisper
  2. Flashy
  3. Tease
  4. Snap
  5. Intense
  6. Pucker
  7. Vixen
  8. Cheeky
  9. Smooch
  10. Glimmer
  11. Perky
  12. Stunner
  13. Minx



I was given Vixen, Stunner and Minx to try out. All 6 colors were very pigmented and went on easily. It was really fun playing with all the colors so let's get started!

The first duo is Stunner which includes a rich bright gold and a bright pink/orange. This is the color that Sofia Vergara is wearing in the photo. I played with this color and it really wasn't too hard to achieve the same look. I would suggest getting a lip brush as it is just easier to use one when outlining your lip with the darker shade. Then you can use a separate brush to slightly blend the two colors more smoothly.


The second was Vixen which included two different shades of pink. A burgundy/deep pink and a shimmery pearl pink. I wasn't sure that I could pull this duo off. I've got darker colored skin and pink is just, nuh uh for me. When I tried it I was amazed at how great it looked! It was really fun to play the different ways to place the two colors. I tried the lighter pink on the edges with the burgundy inside, well it was just beautiful.


Last was Minx and I have to say this was my favorite duo out of the three. It has a rich deep brown with a dark gold, this duo definitely compliment each other. I took the darker shade and used it only on the outer edges of both my top and bottom lip. Then I took the gold and filled in the rest making sure to add a bit more in the middle of my lips. I then took a brush and slightly blended the colors. I was pretty happy with the result (see above right). This duo went really well with my skin color and definitely highlighted the shape of my lips nicely.

The selling point of the Blast Flipsticks is their customization and they do deliver. I have read other reviews stating that their lips get dried out, I didn't have that issue. There are 13 different duos, 26 different colors, and tons of combinations between them all. You can use any of the colors together and create all new duos allowing you to have an even wider range of customization. The lipstick wore really well throughout the day, whether I combined the colors or didn't. The duos go for about $8.50 each, which is a pretty good value. 

BzzAgent - Sally G
#GotItFree


Disclaimer: I received these products from BzzAgent and Covergirl. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was given.


8 comments:

  1. Love the 2 tone colors i really dont wear lipstick much either but ur fave looked good on u thanks for the review might be tryin this my self

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and you should its really easy to do!

      Delete
  2. I think the Minx looks really pretty with your skin tone. I will have to check this out at the drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look for your address and send you some coupons! :)

      Delete
  3. The minx looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought so too and can't wait to try out the other ones.

      Delete
  4. Great Review! I'm more of a chapstick girl, but Holiday parties force me to class it up a little. Covergirl might be the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more a chapstick gal myself as lipstick just seems like too much work. lol But these are really nice and not too heavy at all.

      Delete