November 23, 2012

Update







Sorry I have been pretty absent lately, I've been sick as a dog. I have had a sinus infection for a few days and now have chest congestion. So where does the term "sick as a dog" come from?

Apparently back in 1705 someone decided that dogs were sick. Actually no, you see dogs like to eat stuff, yup STUFF. Anything and everything - is it spoiled? Yes - yumm! Is it alive, barely living, dead? Yes, yes, yes -- *crunch*. Yes I know that dogs are definitely not picky eaters when it comes to things you aren't feeding them. I have seen my 2yr old chihuahua, Bear, pass up some freshly made steaks in turn to munch on some bug crawling around. Walking him can be a hazard at times; Bear: "Oh look there is dog poo right there! Let's have a try." So of course dogs often are seen hacking and throwing up some unknown thing they ate. Oh but you know they aren't picky about eating their vomit right back up either. So there you go, because dogs tend to vomit and humans vomit, well we can be sick as dogs as well.

Yes I have been sick, although not really vomiting. I've been coughing and hacking till I felt my lungs had completely been expelled from my body. But I'll be doing better soon, I can feel it! For now though, I'm going to continue swallowing down pills and sucking on some Halls. I hope none of you are "Sick as dogs!"

3 comments:

  1. Awww... sorry you've been sick. Sounds like you need the Bzzagent "Afrin" nasal decongestant more than me.

    ReplyDelete