September 5, 2012

Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion Sunscreen




With its ultra-luxurious hydrating silk ribbons, Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration™ lotion sunscreen nourishes and pampers skin while providing broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection, and 12-hour moisturization when out in the sun. It is  available in SPF 12, 30,and 50.


I was very fortunate to be able to try this out from Influenster. Living in Texas it is practically non-stop sun for about a third of the year. Finding a great sunscreen lotion that smells great, gives great coverage, is long-lasting, and is non-greasy isn't easy. Those are a lot of things to live up to and thankfully Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration totally rose to the occasion.

First thing I did notice was the smell, its very tropical, sort of like coconut but not overwhelming at all. It was a really creamy lotion and absorbed quickly without leaving my skin feeling greasy. Last, and the most important, is the coverage and over all protection. What's the point of getting a sunscreen lotion if it doesn't work? Hawaiian Tropic worked beautifully and I was smooth for a long time. Because its so hot and sunny I did reapply once, but that was more a precaution that I was taking. I just wanted to make sure I still have the coverage even though I was sweating.

Look how creamy it looks and too bad you can't smell it!
You can buy a 6oz bottle for under $9 dollars which is still in the affordable range. When it comes to sunscreen you really don't want to scrimp just to save a few dollars. You want something that will work, and Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration definitely works.

So now that you've read my review hop on over to Hawaiian Tropics website and check out their products for yourself. You'll be happy you did!

1 comment: