December 13, 2012

Merry Christmas?




HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!


 So as we inch closer and closer to that dreaded, I mean joyous two week vacation for Christmas I've just realized something. I am NOT ready for them to be home for 2 weeks in a row. It feels like it was just yesterday that they were coming home for summer vacation, a whole 2 months I might add. I wish there was a second school they could be sent to. Oh wait yes there is, sort of. Holiday camp! Yup they have camps for everything because parents just don't have to time to spend with the kiddos. But then isn't that the whole point of the holiday season? To spend time with your family, to eat, play, and be merry together? Well yes, but I'm sure that person wasn't stuck with 3 teens and 1 pre-teen. Oh not to mention a 10yr old who is very emotional and 2 furry kids, 1 of which is basically a two yr old on sugar. How can I be merry with the noise, the fighting, and the mess that threatens to devour any who get too close? You try cooking for 5 kids, 2 adults and still be merry afterwards. It isn't easy that's for sure. Then of course you have the fighting afterwards over who ends up washing the dishes, cleaning the table, etc etc. Who needs all that day after day?  As much as I'd love to send them off on a two week long vacation to the north pole I just can't. For one it would be too expensive to send them all, and well I kind of do love them. Yea...just a little bit.


Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all you guys! Try and stay merry and keep your sanity!


2 comments:

  1. Sally, I know these times seem very hectic to you, but remember that these children will remember what you have done for them. Yes, they may remember some of the gifts you give them, but there is no amount of money that can buy those precious memories with you as they grow older. What I would give to have my 3 children little again. However, I do have 4 grandchildren, but only 1 lives close. Now I am left to twiddle my thumbs. My how time flies by so fast. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.... this is what memories are made of. Sounds like you're having a very Merry Christmas! One day you'll miss all this chaos, enjoy every mind numbing moment of it.

    ReplyDelete