October 2, 2014

Vichy Idealia Review




For the last eight days I have been using Vichy Idealia Life Serum. I was sent some samples for myself as well as for some friends so we could all try it out together. Now I'm pretty wary about stuff

I put on my skin because it's not in the best shape already. I have tried so many products only for them to leave my skin burning and red. So on day one I used my regular cleansers and that was it. I wanted to start off using Vichy Idealia as if I hadn't really used any other products before. So after two more days of just washing with my regular skin cleanser I started my 8 day challenge.

Vichy's Idealia Life Serum is supposed to:
  • Even & illuminated skin tone
  • Visibly refined pores
  • Moisturized & refreshed skin
  • Youthful-looking complexion 
Vichy asks you to identify the 4 different factors that effect our skin on a daily basis: environment, diet, uv rays, and stress/lack of sleep. Now I don't know about you but all of those factors effect my skin big time. Living in South Texas we get hot beating down on you sunshine practically every day of the year. That can definitely do a number on anyone's skin. My diet could be better, but hey I'm working on it. I started drinking tons more water, eating way more greens, and a lot less junk food. Stress seems to be my middle name on some days with 4 teens and one preteen in the house. Yea, how do you think I deal with all those hormones?? And last environment - while I don't smoke my mother does and I'm around her a lot, but I think how much could it really affect me, right? So no to the sampling!

Day 1: I again used my regular face cleanser, patted down my face and went for the Vichy Idealia. They came in these super cute little pink pouches. I think there should have been more info on how many times I was to use it. Seeing how there were only eight samples, I assumed it was only once per day. I opened up the small sample sized package, after much effort, and squeezed every little bit of the cream out. First, there wasn't much of a smell - that's a plus. I hate using products on my face that smell weird. It seriously turns me off and takes away from the experience. I followed the directions and smoothed the cream on my face moving outwards towards my hairline. I did feel my skin and it was definitely smoother and more firm after a while. I didn't see any significant different in tone or clarity.

Day 2-5: Went pretty much the same as day 1. I cleansed with my regular cleanser, opened up the package and slathered the cream on. My skin was really smooth and firm, but again no difference in tone or clarity. I started to wonder if I was doing something wrong. While I loved the feel of my skin I was really wanting to see the difference and not just feel it.

I went online and started to read up on Vichy's Idealia Life Serum and saw, "...use Idéalia Life Serum twice daily for 8 days." Ah, so I was supposed to use it twice daily. I wish it had mentioned that in the packaging. So there I was left with only 3 small sample packages left so I just decided to keep using one per day.

Overall, I can definitely feel the difference in my skin's softness and firmness. It still isn't shiny and brilliant like others so I'm a little bummed by that, but I do think with proper continued use I'd see better results. I think it's a great product to add to your collection if you're looking for something new or better. It goes for $44 for 30ML bottle so it's not too pricey, but may not be in everyone's price range. I do think that if you can try it out for yourself, do it!

Disclaimer: I participated in a Sample and Share courtesy of Crowdtap and Vichy. All opinions are my own and no compensation was received.



No comments:

Post a Comment