October 2, 2014

Snuggle Scent Boosters Review








 I'm a member of the Snuggle Bear Den and was sent a full sized package of Scent Boosters to try out for myself in my home. Being the aunt/mother of 5 very active teens is quite a hard job. It's even harder when it comes time to wash all their clothes. From their every day wear to their sports wear, they can be super tough on them. I don't have a lot of money to be spending on detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets, scent boosters (of any kind), etc but I still want and need my family's clothing to smell good. Especially when you have a football player that sweats a river every game. Eww the smell is terrible and don't get me started on their stinky socks!


Now I've used other brands of scent boosters - both of which can be pretty expensive, and I noticed something. I had to put more in the wash than it recommended. So in reality I wasn't getting all the bang for my buck. I was using up to a full capful more than I was "supposed" to.  That's wasteful and not really efficient. When the box arrived with my Snuggle Scent Boosters I could smell it outside the box. Seriously that has got to be a strong scent to do that, right? Well yes and no; I'll explain more later.

So I opened up the box and yay, there were my scent boosters in a nice purple bag. I was sent a pack of Lavender Joy and it smelled great. The packs are pretty big and well they're super easy to use. You open up the resealable bag, pop a Scent Booster pack into your washer before you put you're clothing in. You may have to use more than one pack if you have a larger washer like me. That's okay though because it ends up being one pack per load. They are safe for all kinds of washers - regular and HE. Also they're safe for all types of clothing even activewear and sleepwear. Each bag comes with 20 loads for a regular washer or 10 loads for a larger washer. They cost around $3.97 for a 20 pack and $6.97 for a 56 pack, obviously your prices will vary. I think that's pretty on par with other scent boosters.


The scent itself is pretty intense when you first take your laundry out of the washer. You don't even need to add a dryer sheet because it's got enough scent and is soft enough to go without it. I do have a dryer bar because I hate static cling, but I don't think it adds or takes away from the scent boosters. I think how long the scent lasts depends on your household. For me I have kids coming in and out, playing around on the bed, etc. So the scent stays around for about 4-5 days. My aunt who doesn't really have anyone to mess up her bed, etc says the scent lasted more than a week.

But you know, you don't have to use your Snuggle Scent Boosters just for your laundry. My mother smokes, eww I know, so sometimes my clothes doesn't smell as fresh as I'd like. I took a couple of the Scent Booster packs and put them in my drawers, and I put them in a little sachet and hung it in my closet. This way I get that great smell in my room and in my clothes!

Overall, if you're looking for a change from those more expensive scent boosters and want something that really works check out Snuggles Scent Boosters! There are two different scents as of now: Lavender Joy and Blue Iris Bliss, I haven't tried the latter yet but I'm definitely going to. You can totally afford to try these out and hey if you don't like them send the rest to me! I love these things!

Disclaimer: I am a member of the Snuggle Bear Den and was sent this product to review and try out. All opinions are my own and no compensation was received.

No comments:

Post a Comment