July 29, 2014

Fave All Natural Juice








We are big juice drinkers so I'm always trying to find the next best flavor, and the most nutritional. Nowadays juices are filled with dyes and HFCS which are not good for your body. High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) is used to sweeten a lot of our beverages and foods. The top of the list of those foods is soda and juices. HFCS is cheaper than real sugar which is why so many companies use it. Most juice drinks, fruit punches, and juice cocktails contain only a small amount of juice and the rest is water and sweeteners.

So why should you choose Fave?
I was sent the three flavors available from Fave to try out with my family. Of course the first thing I did was check the ingredient list. Everyone should definitely get in the habit of doing this if you want to live a healthier life. The makers of Fave Juice have no problem with sharing all the info on their website. Upon reading the ingredients list for all three flavors, you can easily see why I gave them a passing grade. You can actually understand every single word and there are no added dyes! There are only 60 calories per 8 ounce glass and 12g of sugar. That may be a little high, but remember sugar occurs naturally in all fruits and you'll be getting 1 1/2 cup of veggies and 1/4 cup of fruit. What a great way to add some extra veggies and fruits into you and your children's diets.

The first juice we tried was the Tangerine, Orange, and Pineapple - sounds delicious, right? First off because Fave is an all-natural juice product you will get some settling. Don't worry, just shake the bottle up and you're good to go. With this juice the tangerine flavor was off the charts. We like tangerines so this was a good thing, if you're not a fan you may want to pass on this. It was pretty hot during the day so I froze the juice into some pops to give to the kids. As you can see they were a huge hit, very messy, and super tasty. My nephew kept wanting more, and well I can't say no, right?

The second juice we tried was the Strawberry Kiwi. I'll admit I passed on this one as I've tried this pairing in other juices and was not a fan. My kiddos loved it though and it was thirst quencher when they came in from playing outside. They play basketball daily and I hate giving them those sports drinks that are full of salt and HFCS. I would advise against freezing this into a pop though. I tried and well the juice ended up tasting salty, which no one enjoyed.

Last, but not least was the Pomegrante, Blueberry, and Goji. I've never drank anything with goji in it, but blueberry and pomegranate are a fave of mine. I used it in a smoothie and my younger brother used it in a protein shake after his workout. It is sort of tart and not very sweet, but it's still flavorful. I didn't try freezing this juice as I mainly kept it to myself. I kow that's horrible, but I've got to have something to myself, right?

I was super excited when I saw Fave in my area HEB. There they were all three flavors sitting nicely in a row on the the shelf. Of course I had to grab some up because they're super affordable. Less than some of the other juices that aren't as tasty and good as Fave. 
Disclaimer: I received all three bottles to try out and review. No further compensation was given and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment