June 18, 2014

My life with LBL





So I'm going to touch on a very touchy subject for many women out there. Many women over 45 start to experience LBL or light bladder leakage. Now I know its not something that many women will admit, but it's a real problem that effects women all over the world. There happens to be many types of LBL, but the two most common are - stress incontinence and urge continence. Some women happen to be "blessed" with both types. Stress is caused by laughing, coughing, sneezing or even exercise. Urge is when you've lost the ability to fully control your urge to urinate.

What exactly causes LBL?
  • Physical changes from childbirth, pregnancy, hysterectomy or menopause
  • Being overweight
  • Complications from surgery, stroke, or chronic diseases like diabetes, multiple sclerosis (MS) or Parkinson's disease
  • Bladder or urinary tract infections
  • Bladder irritants (certain foods and beverages)
My Story:
I'm a lot younger than 45, but many years of holding it in while in schools for fear of going in a public place obviously had a bad effect. Yup all during middle school I would literally hold it until I got home. I always ended my school day with a mad sprint to the house hoping that the front door wouldn't be locked. I only had one accident, but honestly the years of doing this have now made it harder for me to hold it now. It's the most embarrassing feeling in the world sitting there laughing with friends and you feel it. Of course to me it feels like a huge tidal wave swallowing me whole, but really it's just little squirts. Those little squirts always tend to happen when I'm far away from home and my panty drawer. You then have to scurry the closest bathroom to try and remedy things with toilet paper and hope there are some liners in that stupid metal box. Of course there never were any liners or pads in that metal box and the tp never worked. I wold be left feeling uncomfortable all day worrying that there may be some odor. I honestly never bought incontinence pads because those were for old people.  I just used regular panty liners and pads which obviously are not made for LBL. So when I got a little email from Crowdtap saying to apply for a new mission I jumped on it.


My friends at Crowdtap sent me a sample of Poise's products. When I first heard of Poise I automatically thought of old ladies and diapers. What I received in my little kit was far from that. I got a sample kit of 3 different liners and 1 pad in a super cute little purple "purse". They threw in some coupons for good measure - it's like they know about my love of coupons.

The kit included:
  • Microliner Original x1
  • Microliner Long x1
  • Liner Long x1
  • Ultra Thin Pad x1

The Poise Microliner is exactly what I'm looking for when it comes to a liner. Super thin and absorbent without it making me look like I'm wearing a diaper. I wasn't sure it would be long enough for my needs, but it did an okay job. The microliner long was definitely more up to par for me and did the job superbly. But if you're still looking for a little more protection then the long liner is still really thin and will give you even more coverage. The ultra thin pad isn't as thin as some menstraul pads, but definitely thinner than most incontinence pads. It is the same length as the long liner and offers a bit more absorbancy.

All the pads have odor neutralizers, are the thinnest liners in their category, they all feature SAM (super absorbent material) and the price is pretty darn good compared to other brands. I think that's one of the top features I like is that they are affordable. Price is an issue for someone who has three still using menstrual pads and then to have to buy liners for LBL, it's hard on the wallet. So if you're out there and you suffer with LBL rest assure that you aren't the only one. 1 in 3 women suffer from it and Poise is definitely a great liner to help keep you dry and happy.

Want to find out some more information about Poise and LBL then check out their website:HERE

Disclosure:
I received this kit as a part of a sample and share from Crowdtap and Poise. All opinions are my own and no compensation was paid. #LadiesWithPoise

No comments:

Post a Comment