September 3, 2013

Remedy Skincare Review



REMEDY SKINCARE 



I was very fortunate to get the chance to try out a few products from the Remedy Skin Care line. They so generously sent me four different products: lip balm, nourishing skin cream, hydrating cleansing gel, and hydraguard skin cream. All the products have phytoplex in them, and to be honest I didn't really know what that was or what its benefits were.

So what exactly is phytoplex?
- Phytoplex is essentially a combination of all-natural, plant-based ingredients, including soy, algae extracts, green tea, and cloves.

- It’s free of ingredients that might cause an allergic reaction, such as aloe, sulfates, parabens, petroleum derivatives, and phthalates.

- Because of its unique blend of gentle ingredients, Phytoplex is perfect for people with sensitive skin.

- The marine-based algae extracts in Phytoplex provide an intense dose of vitamins, proteins, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants - all of which nourish skin and protect it from signs of aging.

- Phytoplex has more antioxidant capabilities than olive oil, apples, or red wine!

- When used in skin care products, Phytoplex works to reduce redness, soothe skin, prevent moisture loss, reverse signs of aging, and
protect skin from radical damage.

So now that we have a grasp on what phytoplex is, how does it really work in the products?

The first product I tried out was the lip balm. It doesn't have any weird smells, and it is petroleum free. Some of the ingredients include sunflower oil, beeswax, and mango seed butter.  It did tingle a little when I put it on, but it wasn't unpleasant. It left my lips feeling soft and moisturized, no chapped lips here.

Next was hydrating cleansing gel  which can be used as a regular liquid soap in a typical shower or it can be used as a soap for a sponge bath. I liked that it was also no rinse because my mom, who can't stand in the shower long, was able to use it easily. It isn't meant to get sudsy so it definitely wouldn't make for a great bubble bath. There isn't much of a scent and it's pretty non-evasive so people with sensitive skin could use it daily . I mainly let my mom use it as she has skin issues. She really liked it and was sad I didn't have more. It made it easy for her to get in and get out because she didn't have to worry about not rinsing off correctly. It left her skin soft and there was no skin irritation.

You then can use the nourishing skin cream after your shower. Like the other products there isn't much of a smell, well untill you spread it out. The smell almost reminds me of cookies and honestly it can be a little overbearing. Now a lot of lotions say they absorb into the skin quickly, but Remedy's Skin Cream really does. The cream is a bit stiff, but quickly breaks down to an almost watery consistency.  Now remember that smell well it lasts for a few seconds and then goes away. I'm sure anyone can deal with the smell, and if you do you'll definitely be rewarded with some super soft skin! Seriously I don't think my skin has felt softer with other lotions. The smoothness lasts for hours, longer than some of the leading brand lotions.

The last product I tried out was the hydraguard lotion. This was the lotion I was most excited to try. It's a water-resistant, nourishing hypo-allergenic lotion for dry and cracked skin. I first thought of my horribly dry cracked feet. I have to be honest, I walk around bare foot a lot. I'm normally never in shoes at the house, even if I step outside. Yup I will walk outside on the hot concrete and asphalt which does nothing for my feet. Years of doing this had left them gross and calloused. With one application I was already feeling smoother, not so rough skin on my feet. If you try any of Remedy's products this is the one I'd definitely recommend. I really wanted to try this out for a while to show a great change in my dry heels, I wasn't disappointed with the results.

You can head over to the Remedy SkinCare Website - where you can find more general information on all the products they offer.



Disclaimer: I was sent products from Remedy Skincare for the sole purpose of reviewing them. No further compensation was given. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment