March 8, 2013

Lean Cuisine Salad Additions






 SALAD ADDITIONS: SOUTHWEST-STYLE CHICKEN



So I have been really trying to stick to my guns when it comes to eating healthier. That means watching my salt intake, portion sizes, and cutting out junk food. I love eating salads and happily will eat them for lunch or dinner, granted they have tons of carrots. So while perusing the frozen section I noticed Lean Cuisine's Salad Additions. Sadly my area store only had the Southwest Style Chicken, but there are three other varieties. The other three are: Asian Style Chicken, Bistro Chicken and Cranberry & Chicken. The salad additions are pretty affordable with them being about $249 each. Don't forget to check your papers for coupons because there are usually some for $0.75/1.


The kit came in three different packages: the chicken and veggies, chipotle salad dressing, and crispy tortilla shreds. The chicken comes with corn, roasted red pepper, and poblano peppers.




The chicken and veggies went straight into the microwave for about 2 1/2 minutes. Leave the bag in there for a bit because it is steaming hot. Believe me do not just try and grab it because you will burn your fingers. After letting it cool down I opened up the bag and this is what I saw. Yup the colors are that bright! The reds, yellows, and greens really livened everything up. Sadly I found that I'm not a fan of roasted peppers. The texture just threw me off and I'm a sucker for texture. For me it was just too soft and so out the went, but not in the trash. I put them aside and ended up saving them for breakfast - mixed them with some eggs and onions, yum!


For me a salad isn't a salad without cheese. Okay so I know cheese isn't the healthiest option as it can have a lot of salt, but its skim milk cheese okay? I used a mixture of baby greens, which I love, and added the chicken and what was left of the veggies right on top. I threw the tortilla shreds and some cheese and got some light ranch dressing to finish it off. Yes I also found that I do not really like chipotle. I thought I'd give it a try even though I didn't like chipotle dip, yea not happening.  I don't think the ranch dressing took away from the salad additions though. Everything was super crisp and tasty, and the chicken was so tender and juicy. I definitely would like to try the other varieties as I am really going to do it this time. I've gone down one pant size so far and hoping to drop some more.

So have any of you out there tried the Lean Cuisine Salad Additions? If so what did you think about it? I'd love to hear your opinions about it.



Disclaimer: This review is my opinion only and no compensation was given. I purchased the products for myself and loved them.



3 comments:

  1. I have never tried any of the Lean Cuisine products, but after reading this review I am going to have to try some. It all looks so fresh! You did a great job with the photos and review.
    awhartness@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela the salad stuff is really tasty and out of all the "diet" foods theirs are my favorite. I love the spaghetti and their pizza is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly when someone doesn't be aware of then its up to other visitors that they will assist, so here it happens.

    Also visit my website ... bmi calculator for men

    ReplyDelete