December 12, 2012

Broken Build by Rachelle Ayala




 BROKEN BUILD
BY RACHELLE AYALA

This is the second book I've read by Rachelle Ayala and it certainly didn't disappoint. It was very different from the first book, which was on the religious side. Broken Build is full of suspense and kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the book. Broken Build is about Jen Jones who is a software programmer, but her programs keep failing, or creating "broken builds".  She has a rocky criminal past that she is desperately trying to keep quiet, but her ex-boyfriend's brother isn't making it easy.

Jen Jones was formally Jennifer Cruz who went to far as to get plastic surgery to get away from her past. She somehow ends up getting a job for David Jewell, a man she hurt years ago. He of course doesn't recognize her, but that doesn't keep the feelings that they had from resurfacing.

This is a great thriller and seriously one that you should put on your list. I think it is really far from the Christian theme in her first book, and I have no problem with that. I don't read books because they're written by the same author, I read them because they have a style I like. It was fairly easy for me to draw a distinct line between this book and Michal's Window. Broken Build was well written, stayed in line as far as the plot went, and the characters were well developed. I can't wait for the next book from Rachelle, I'm sure it won't disappoint me either.




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review, I'll add this to my Goodreads list.

    ReplyDelete