November 13, 2012

Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce







COUNTRY BOB'S ALL PURPOSE SAUCE

So was excited to be able to review Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce. I got two 13oz bottles which I knew would be put to some good use in my home. We love bbq and bbq sauce, we go through at least 6 bottles a month! Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce has been made since 1968, so you know it's got to be good!

This isn't your typical bbq sauce though, its more like a steak sauce. The consistency of the sauce is really loose, but not watery. It has a great flavor with it not being too spicy at all. You can use it on almost anything from steak, chicken to pork - either grilled or marinated. You can use it in other recipes as well like soups, stews, and baked beans! It is the most versatile "bbq sauce" I've ever had.

Tiny bits of bbq goodness!
Now I had my choice of things that I could make using it and for one day I decided a bbq breaded popcorn chicken salad would be super tasty. I got my chicken pieces lightly breaded them, popped them in the oven to bake, and when they were done I splashed some Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce on them and tossed them around a bit. A little went a long way so just about a tablespoon was enough to evenly coat the chicken. I then got my greens - a mixture of baby lettuce, a tiny bit of sharp cheddar, and dinner was served! The kids loved it and it was a healthier treat that everyone could enjoy. The kids wanted me to make this again so I guess it's on the menu from now on.

The next day I figured I'd marinate some pork ribs in it, can't get more bbq than that, right?  Anyway I poured some on and let it sit for about 1hr before I started cooking it. I like my pork a little softer so I add a tiny bit of water to the bottom and cover it up with foil. The sauce left the pork super juicy and tender and full of flavor. For good measure I added some more to it because I love tons of sauce! Of course everyone loved it and they what kind of sauce was on them. Did I mention the kids love sauce? I ended up running out of one bottle that day because they all wanted some more to dip their pork ribs into to. Sadly I had to oblige because there would certainly have been a small riot.

If you're looking for a great tasting, versatile, flavorful sauce you definitely have to get some Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce. You can get 6 bottles for about $25.00 shipped, or about $4.17 ea, straight out of Illinois, USA. They have more great products on the website so head on over to check them out for yourself!


Disclaimer: I received two bottles of Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce to do a review with. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was given.




No comments:

Post a Comment