October 17, 2012

Cat's Cradle Book Review





Cat's Cradle
Book 1 - The Golden Twine


By Jo Rioux

I was excited to share this book with my niece so she could keep up on her reading. Honestly though, I read this book as well and was really impressed at how well it was written. Not only was the story well thought out, but the illustrations were nice as well. 

The story centers on a little girl named Suri, who longs to be a monster tamer. She tags along with a traveling circus/carnival(?) much to the owners chagrin. Suri gets into trouble, as much children quite often do. One day she ends up meeting a real life monster, but doesn't even know it until its too late. Of course she gets saved by an unlikely hero. Suri continues on her journey and inadvertently takes something of great importance to a trio of caitsiths. 

Overall this was a great short read and I can't wait to read more about Suri and her journeys. I'd recommend you getting it for your little one as well, as I know they'll love it!


*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book for free through NetGalley. All opinions are my own and no further compensation was given.




No comments:

Post a Comment