August 9, 2012

Book Review: The Lost Curse




THE LOST CURSE
BY T. LYNN ADAMS



I love YA books and so when I was presented with the chance to read, "The Lost Curse" by T Lynn Adams, I was excited. You can really tell that T Lynn Adams did their research because the story is so skillfully told. In fact just yesterday I was watching tv and saw the same story being told. It had a few differences obviously, but I recognized it very quickly. It just made the book that much better knowing that there is truth to it. 

 This book is adventure mixed in with some mystery. It keeps you guessing till the very end, which helps you to keep moving forward. There wasn't ever a time while reading this that I felt bored or overwhelmed. The story starts off with a gunshot ringing through the canyon, an event that will shape what happens in the future. It then changes quickly to the present day with the main characters, Jonathan, Severino, and Tallie. Once the three of them are together they immediately mesh, and their friendship seems real and relatable. Tallie is Pauite Indian while Severino is Peruvian, but they have more in common than you would think. The whole story is about the Spanish going into the mountains and mining for gold. They used the Pauite Indians to mine and left most for dead when they were through with them. According to Spanish legend there are markers showing the way to a secret gold mine. Thats where the artifact thieves come in. They'll do anything they can do to get at that gold, even double cross each other. But what they don't know is that there is a creature out there in the mountains. This is the first time I've heard about skinwalkers and really enjoyed learning about it. 

It's a great short read with well developed characters and a clear storyline. It is told from all different point of views, but not once did I get "lost". I recommend this book to those who love a great adventure book. Seriously you'll love it and won't want to put it down!

You can purchase this book on Amazon.com for either $5.99 for the kindle version, but the also offer paperback. If you decide to get it I'd love to read your views on it as well.

*I was sent the book to read and review. All opinions are my own and no further compensation was given.

2 comments:

  1. Great review, the book sounds really good. I shall have to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seriously won't be disappointed Yvon7lee. ;)

      Delete