August 16, 2012

Beauty Corner Review: Covergirl & Olay Tone Rehab





COVERGIRL & OLAY TONE REHAB 
2 IN 1 FOUNDATION BASE AND PRESSED POWDER COMPACT
Received for Review from BzzAgent





So I was very lucky to have received the Covergirl & Olay BzzCampaign. I haven't really ever worn foundation because finding a good one is just so daunting. The kit included a welcome letter, a information booklet, tons of coupons to share, Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation Base in #165 Tawny, and a pressed powder in #360 medium/deep. The packaging was sleek and modern and I loved the colors. Everything was neatly packaged and it looked very professional. 

I first reached for the foundation base and realized that I had put down the wrong shade. It is really dark for my skin and it almost looked like I put dirt on my face. That was definitely my fault and a total amateur mistake. I still used it just made sure to really smooth it out evenly so at least the color was the same. The foundation was super creamy, non-greasy, and really covered my skin quickly. It didn't take much to cover my whole face so this little bottle will definitely last me. One thing that I loved about this foundation was that it didn't have a gross smell. I've strayed away from other liquid foundations because they were just to smelly. I don't feel comfortable putting something that smells bad on my face. It just doesn't seem right to me, does it seem right to you?
So what is so special about Covergirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation? Well is your foundation clinically shown to help improve your skin tone over time? It contains Olay serum, which is what hydrates you skin, and it also includes Glycerine, Niacinamide, and N-acetyl Glucosamine, which penetrate your skin's outer layers to moisturize. Wow, now those are a lot of big words that most of us don't understand. What I do understand is that this foundation is supposed to help my skin tone, hydrate my skin, and cover any discoloration with just one pump! Now those are words that we all can understand, but does it do that? Well I'm going to find out because I'll be trying it out for the next few weeks. 

Oh but that wasn't all that came in the kit, don't think I've forgotten the pressed powder that came with it as well. Thankfully the pressed powder was closer to my skintone and blended really well for a more natural look. I don't want to look like I'm wearing a ton of make-up, I want to look natural. It was very smooth and super easy to apply. It came with a very soft application poof which made it easy to apply the powder. I just followed the simple tips in the Bzzguide on how to apply the products. It came in handy for this clueless novice, which of course I mean myself. 

So I hope you'll be following my updates as I go along using this make-up daily. I hope that it works and takes away the bad stuff on my skin. Believe me I really need the help in making my skin look more youthful and balanced.


Without Foundation and Pressed Powder



With Foundation and Pressed Powder

Well apparently the second photo really looks much smoother and darker. Not sure if being darker is a bad thing, but it actually wasn't too far from what my natural skin tone was. What do you guys think, I'd actually really like to know what ya'll think! So leave me some comments. :) Oh and if ya'll are wondering about the scar across the bridge of my nose...well I'll share if you guys ask about it. lol 



*Disclaimer: I received both products to try out and review from BzzAgent. All opinions are mine and no further compensation was given. 





1 comment:

  1. I love covergirl foundation i get ivory if u have a lighter shade u can mix an tone it down like get the lighest shade mix alittle of the to dark an it will be the perfect shade plus u will have extra foundation i do this w hair spray i buy super hold an with another bottle (empty of course) i add half water half hairspray an wammo i have 2 bottles of hair spray awesome

    ReplyDelete