February 13, 2012

Book Review - Halflings

Halflings (Halflings, #1)Halflings by Heather Burch

Synopsis: After being inexplicably targeted by an evil intent on harming her at any cost, seventeen-year-old Nikki finds herself under the watchful guardianship of three mysterious young men who call themselves halflings. Sworn to defend her, misfits Mace, Raven, and Vine battle to keep Nikki safe while hiding their deepest secret—and the wings that come with. 

A growing attraction between Nikki and two of her protectors presents a whole other danger. While she risks a broken heart, Mace and Raven could lose everything, including their souls. As the mysteries behind the boys’ powers, as well as her role in a scientist’s dark plan, unfold, Nikki is faced with choices that will affect the future of an entire race of heavenly beings, as well as the precarious equilibrium of the earthly world.

My Review:
I received this book I instantly started reading it. Although it is full of cliches it was still a good read for me.

The book is about 17yr old Nikki who is a blackbelt in karate and is a painter. She leads a normal life until one day she is chased by hellhounds(?) and is saved by three young guys. These guys named Vine, Raven, and Mace are all half angel and half human. They are sent to protect Nikki from all the evil badness that is after her.

The thing I didn't really like is that the characters lack substance. I'm hoping that in the next book that they are developed more. It isn't as sappy as other paranormal love stories...*gag* sparkly vampires *gag* but it is on the edge. I also don't like how easily Nikki falls in love with any guy that shows any real interest in her. Mace: You're so beautiful - swoon. Raven: You painted the broken pot - swoon. Bad Guy that was so memorable that I forgot his name - swoon! Yea hopefully she grows out of that real soon.

While it wasn't the greatest book I've read it wasn't the worst. I think it is going to be a personal choice on whether you love it or hate it. I personally didn't hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment