March 16, 2013

Drinks, Drama, & Degrees - Book Review

Drinks Drama & DegreesDrinks Drama & Degrees 
by Vermel Kinmon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I enjoyed the story as it's something that I could see happening between my friends and myself. The story is told in a real way with real characters. I can relate to a lot of the feelings that they went through. The story was about 4 African American teens going off to college and the growing pains they all had to go through. They each had their own hurdles to jump over and for the most part they all dealt with them. Their names were Destine, Jordan, Ericka, and Mya and they all went to TSU for college. Tons of drama in this book and I think a lot of women have gone through the same type of drama the characters went through.

I think I would have liked to have seen Destine and Jordan become friends again, but you can't have it all.

Now I did find a bit of typos and misprints, but I knew what the author was trying to say so it didn't take away from the story. I think that is something that will need to be addressed by the publisher and not so much the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment